The intent of the “Iraq & Afghanistan Post-Deployment - Rule to Create Appropriate Order Set” is to generate appropriate order sets based upon the results of an Iraq & Afghanistan Post-Deployment Screening.
Artifact Creation and Usage
Copyright © 2018 Veterans Health Administration, Department of Veterans Affairs. All rights reserved. Contributions from external parties are property of respective copyright holders.
Structured code that is interpretable by a computer (includes data elements, value sets, logic)
- Target User
- Primary Care Provider
- Target User
- Mental Health Provider
- Patient Age Group
- Workflow Setting
- Workflow Task
- Post-deployment screening
THE CLINICAL CONTENT IN THIS DOCUMENT IS NOT DIRECTLY SUITABLE FOR CLINICAL USE AS PRESENTED SINCE IT HAS NOT BEEN TESTED IN A CLINICAL ENVIRONMENT. IT HAS NEVER BEEN PILOTED, NEVER 100% REPRESENTS THE INTENT OF THE CLINICAL SUBJECT MATTER EXPERTS, AND MAY CAUSE HARM IF APPLIED AS-IS. THIS WORK IS MADE AVAILABLE WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY WHATSOEVER, AND WITHOUT CLAIMS, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
- Derived From
- Mental Health: Iraq & Afghanistan Post-Deployment Screen Clinical Content White Paper
- Associated Resource
- Mental Health: Iraq & Afghanistan Post-Deployment Screen - Rule to Create Appropriate Order Set Rule Conceptual Structure Document
- Associated Resource
- Mental Health: Iraq & Afghanistan Post-Deployment Screen - Rule to Create Appropriate Order Set Rule KNART Validation Report
See attached resource files for additional details. Department of Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration, Office of Informatics and Information Governance, Clinical Decision Support (CDS) Content and Health Level 7 (HL7)-Compliant Knowledge Artifacts (KNARTs) Eye Care Clinical Content White Paper, VA118-16-D-1008, Task Order VA-118-16-F-1008-0007, June, 2018.
- Bush K, Kivlahan DR, McDonell MB, Fihn SD, Bradley KA, et al. The AUDIT alcohol consumption questions (AUDIT-C): an effective brief screening test for problem drinking. Ambulatory Care Quality Improvement Project (ACQUIP). Alcohol Use Disorders Identification Test. Arch Intern Med. 1998 Sep 14;158(16):1789-95
- Committee on the Assessment of the Readjustment Needs of Military Personnel, Veterans, and Their Families; Board on the Health of Select Populations; Institute of Medicine. Returning Home from Iraq and Afghanistan: Assessment of Readjustment Needs of Veterans, Service Members, and Their Families. Washington (DC): National Academies Press (US); Mar 2013
- Department of Defense (DoD) Deployment Health Clinical Center. DoD/VA Post-Deployment Health Clinical Practice Guideline (PDH-CPG) Fact Sheet. Website. Published November 2012
- Department of Veterans Affairs. Screening and Evaluation Protocol for Veterans with Embedded Fragments Who Served in Iraq and/or Afghanistan Post-September 11, 2001. Veterans Health Administration. Washington DC 20420. VHA Directive 1303.01. Transmittal Sheet. Published April 2017
- Department of Veterans Affairs/Department of Defense. VA/DoD Clinical Practice Guideline for the Management of Concussion-Mild Traumatic Brain Injury. Version 2.0 – 2016. VA/DoD Clinical Practice Guidelines Website. Published February 2016.
- Department of Veterans Affairs. VA/DoD Clinical Practice Guideline for the Management of Substance Use Disorders. Version 3.0 – 2015. VA/DoD Clinical Practice Guidelines Website. Published December 2015